10 Apr Top Places to see in France
France contributes the most beautiful sceneries in the world, with the boulevards of Paris to fashionable and gorgeous seaside resorts of Cote D’Azur, France delights the romantics of the world with castles that look like they are right out of a Disney movie, massive soaring cathedrals and churches and beautiful picture perfect villages which impress us with their contemporary style. Here is a list of the top places you legitimately HAVE to visit in France:
- The Eiffel Tower is at the top of the list as it is one of the world’s most famous and most amazing landmarks ever. 8000 metallic parts make up this magnificent structure which was designed by Gustave Eiffel. It is 320 meters high and is beloved and is an irreplaceable fixture of the Paris skyline.
- Palace of Versailles is more than just a royal residence. It was designed to show off the extravagance of the French monarchy. The dazzling hall invites sunlight through large windows and is shined on huge ornamental
- The Louvre Museum which is the home of the world-renowned Mona Lisa and is one of the most visited places in France. It has Europe’s most exceptional art collection including most of the western civilizations’ pieces. It includes 30,000 artworks. Try and see key artworks which are famed, to have the best experience.
- Mount Saint-Michel is one of the most fascinating and mesmerizing places in France. It rises dramatically on the coast of Normandy. It is also known as “Pyramid Of The Sea” and is certainly a mystical sight to behold. During high tide, it is an island, and during low tide, you can literally walk on the sand and go there. There is an abbey on it which is a marvel of medieval architecture which has some gothic inspiration which soars at 155 meters above sea level.
- The Loire Valley Chateaux looks like something that is straight out of a fairy story or a children’s storybook. It is surrounded by woodlands and river valleys completely with turreted towers and moats. The entire lush, stunning area is known as the “Garden of France.” It is a part of the Renaissance castles that were only designed only for enjoyment.
- Provence is a beautiful landscape of olive groves which are adorned with sunlight and completed with purple lavender fields. It truly is a sight to behold. There are little villages nestled in the valleys as well which are truly charming.
- Chamonix-Mont-Blanc is an awesome spectacle which exists in the French Alps and is an extraordinary thing to see. It is a part of the highest mountain peak in Europe. Also known as the “White Mountain” soars at around 4800 meters, which is so high that it is always covered with a blanket of snow. Soak up the majestic scenery because it is truly one of a kind.
These are the best sights in France, and if you do follow the list, you are guaranteed to have the best time ever. (The Notre Dame cathedral is not a part of the list as it is currently undergoing renovations and restorations due to the devastating fire.)